Performances: January 25-27
Auditions: October 23-27
TO AUDITION YOU MUST:
- Get an audition packet from Mr. Martin. Read, fill it out and return it by Thursday, October 19. Packet is also available here.
- Prepare 30 measures or less than a minute of a song from a musical, not from The Music Man.
- Sign up for an audition time on either October 23 or 24, in the theatre hallway.
- Attend dance auditions, on October 25, 4-6pm in the Auditorium
Make sure you read through all audition material. Available here.
- Rehearsals will begin on Monday, October 30. The following is a list of important dates associated with the production.
- Regular rehearsals will be Monday-Friday, 4-6pm, after school. All rehearsal will be in the one of the following locations:
- Abilene High School Fine Arts Building
- Dance Discovery Studios (you will need transportation from school to the studio)
Students wishing to be cast must remember the following:
- In order to remain in the cast a student must maintain a passing average in all classes. During the course of rehearsals eligibility will be checked every three weeks.
- Students will be expected to attend all rehearsals for which their character is called unless prior arrangements have been made. Failure to attend a rehearsal for which you did not previously list as a conflict, may result in recasting.
- Students will be expected to be responsible for memorizing lines by the date stated on the rehearsal schedule. Failure to do so may result in recasting.
|October 23-27||Abilene High Fine Arts Building||Auditions|
|October 30||Auditorium Stage||First Rehearsal|
|November 20-24||Thanksgiving Break|
|December 22-January 5||Christmas Break|
|January 6||Auditorium||All Day Refresher Rehearsal|
|January 13||Auditorium||Dry Technical Rehearsal|
|MLK Day-We may rehearse this day, or have a technical workday. TBD|
|January 16-17||Band Hall/Auditorium||Rehearsal with orchestra|
|January 20||Auditorium||All day technical rehearsal|
|January 22-24||Auditorium||Dress Rehearsals|
Charlie Cowell, male
A traveling salesmen who is on to Harold Hill’s schemes. Tirelessy attempts to prove to everyone the true con man behind Harold Hill.
Harold Hill, male
Our story’s unsuspecting protagonist. A con man, traveling under the auspices of a salesman, he eventually falls in love with Marian Paroo. Charismatic and charming.
A blustery politician who is all too “self-important.” Begrudgingly married to Eulalie, he is skeptical of the town rumor mill.
Men’s Barbershop Quartet:
Ewart Dunlop, male
A member of the quartet formed by Harold Hill with a tenor voice. Ewart is married to Maude Dunlop.
Oliver Hix, male
A baritone in the quartet formed by Hill. Oliver is married to Alma Hix.
Jacey Squires, male
The highest tenor in the quartet. Married to Mrs. Squires.
Olin Britt, male
A citizen of River City and the bass of the quartet formed by Harold Hill.
Marcellus Washburn, male
Harold’s chummy old friend and former con man, he now lives in River City and is trying to settle down.
Tommy Djilas, male
An attractive, young man from the wrong side of town. He is secretly courting Zaneeta.
Marian Paroo, female
The stuff town librarian and music teacher. She is an attractive young lady who eventually falls for Harold Hill. Stuck up. Curious.
Mrs. Paroo, female
Cheerful and always plotting. An Irish widow and mother to Marian and Winthrop.
A slightly bratty piano student of Marion Paroo.
Winthrop Paroo, male
Marian’s baby brother, he is very shy because of a noticeable lisp. Embraces Harold Hill and the marching band.
Eulalie Mackecknie Shinn, female
Mayor Shinn’s peacock wife. A serial gossiper and snob, she has trouble keeping her opinions to herself.
Zaneeta Shinn, female
The Mayor’s fresh-faced daughter who is in love with Tommy. Sweet and outgoing. Appears to be daffy at times.
“Pick-a-Little Ladies”-The town gossips
Alma Hix, female
A “Pick-a-Little Lady” married to Oliver Hix.
Maud Dunlop, female
A “Pick-a-Little Lady” married to Ewart Dunlop.
Ethel Toffelmier, female
A comical “Pick-a-Little Lady,” and Marcellus Washburn’s girlfriend.
Mrs. Squires, female
A “Pick-a-Little Lady” married to Jacey Squires.
Constable Locke, Newspaper Readers, River City Townspeople, Traveling Salesmen
The genders listed are the gender of the character, not necessarily the gender of the actor playing the role. You may be considered for roles that are not your identifying gender.